Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Yesterday I had my " ZIPPER" removed. The Dr. used a staple removal to get them all. It felt as if I were being stung by a bee, 37 times.it really was not bad just a bit tender around the belly button. I am scheduled to start Chemotherapy on Monday, March 24, 2014. However..there has to be a"however".  We still don't know if I qualify. For the chemotherapy clinical Trial..We should find out tomorrow. If I don't qualify then chemotherapy will be on Monday (our 41st wedding anniversary) if I do qualify then it will start around the first week in April. The concerns are my feeding tube. Having it and not being able to eat by mouth just may disqualify me...OH WELL...

We have had the best care. I don't know if I posted that I am being treated at Mckay Dee, in Odgen Utah. Everyone one has gone out of their way to help us and to guide us through this difficult process. What a blessing it is for us. Being able to meet so many wonderful, carrying people. Right from the start of this I told Dr. Hansen and Dr. Moesinger that I wanted total honesty I wanted to make informed decisions. Roy and I told them that we do have our living wills and what we expect when the end comes. We have been honest in both directions. If we can share one thing with you. It would be to get your family and health care team on the same page. Let them know what your end of life plans are. This is a hard conversation to have.but it is so important. The last thing we want to happen is to hurt and to leave the ones we love. But the ONLY things we all have in common is that we all have been born and the other is that we all will die. I don't know how much time I have left but neither do you. I can't help but wonder. A year maybe 2, hum maybe 10years..Trust in the Lord

1 comment:

  1. 41 years together! WOW!

    Aunt Marlene I just wanted to say that I am thinking about you and yours. Thank you for sharing your journey with us all, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    I loved the joke you posted. How about this one: What do you call it when a dinosaur crashes his car? Tyrannosaurus Wrecks

    ReplyDelete