Saturday, March 15, 2014

This is what I call my ZIPPER

As you can see the Dr cut me all the way down to my groin. It was supposed to "only" go to the top of my belly button. When he opened me up and saw cancer everywhere, he opened me the rest of the way so he could have a better look.Yes this was very painful and now that I am almost 2 weeks out from surgery it is more of a tight tugging feeling. I am hopeful that the staples, all 37of them, will be removed this coming Tuesday March 18, 2014. I have found that using a heating pad has helped with the stiffness and with pain control.I can't wait to have them gone. I can't start Chemotherapy until I am all healed up.

This is my feeding tube
I need to get a picture of me hooked up to the FOOD..I have 1 bag of water 
That is Used to flush the tubing every 3hrs. Then another bag full of my "food", fiber source feeding tube formula no flavor..well that is what the label says on them. Sounds good doesn't it. Also the port is used to give me my meds. It takes about 12hours of being hooked up to get 600 calories. At first this was painful and having this tubing rapped around my guts really was painful. Now 2 weeks out from surgery I feel very full and tight. I can feel all of my intestines and the "Food" just rolls around and right back out of me. So I stay near a bathroom. I will post a picture of me hooked up. It is just like being hooked up to an IV. So I have to drag a pole around with me.  My belly looks so big and flabby and it is, because of the surgery and everything it that it has been put through. Also just in case you've wondering I now weighed in at 116lbs. That is a 20lb. Weight loss since December


1 comment:

  1. We love you aunt Marlene more than words can say!! We are praying for you and Vernon 4 times a day!!! We wish we could be with you throughout this...but know we are thinking of you every minute! So glad we had such a wonderful trip last year full of fabulous memories! Wishing you all the best over next few months. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! STAY STRONG!

    ReplyDelete