Wednesday, March 12, 2014

On February 11-2014. I went into the hospital thinking I had an ulcer.I thought I would be put out and have a simple EGD (scope) done. Then have my meds upped or changed. No big deal right. While Roy and I were waiting to go home the Dr.came in and told us that he was concerned.Two days later I was back in for a colonoscopy and right before I was put out I was told that yes indeed it was cancer.Again there Roy and I were waiting to go home and the Dr.came in and spent quiet abit of time with us.5 cn.. I will loose my stomach and will be on a feeding tube for the rest of my life..then came CAT scan.MRI.PET scans blood work..all showed the cancer in my stomach and just a little blurry thing in my intestines. That was nothing to worry about...so I go into the hospital for surgery on March 3-2014..At this time I had 3different Dr.s telling me different locations of where the cancer was in my stomach. One said it was at the top of my stomach. Which meant I would loose my whole stomach. Then the next said that it was in the lower part which meant I would loose only part of my stomach. That would've been the best case. Then the last one said that it was all over my stomach. So when I was waking up I asked if I had a feeding tube.when I was told"Yes"I knew that it wasn't good.At that time I just shanked deeper into my bed. I know I asked another question and was told that my family were in my room waiting for me. As I was wheeled into my room the first thing I saw was my 3girls faces,then my poor husbands face. I knew it wasn't good news. The surgeon opened me up and all he saw was small"pods" "seeds"oh I don't remember what all he called them. He said that it looks like someone poured a bunch of sand all over everything and everywhere. I have stage 4Adenocarcinoma of the stomach. Gastrointestinal cancer. My only hope is to undergo Chemotherapy. Without treatment I will be gone within 1year. With treatment. We just don't know. We or I have decided to participate in a clinical trial. I know there is no hope of me beating this but maybe just maybe this trial will come up with something that can help you or someone else. I have to keep positive that the chemotherapy will work. I have been told that if it does in the beginning there WILL come a day when it will stop. At that time I will be able to meet my and your Savior Jesus Christ. Our Heavenly Father and all of my loved ones that have already passed on. Well I know this has been a long read but I wanted to do this blog to answer any questions you may have about the surgery,why I went to the Dr.in the first place. I plan on posting some of the tender mercy that I have felt. The out pouring of love..what it is like to not be able to eat. And only getting nutrition from a feeding tube. And some of the funny things that has happened and I am sure there is a whole lot of laughter still to come

2 comments:

  1. I love you, mom. My favorite thing your Dr said was "You have the power here!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aunt Marlene and your family for doing this blog. We think of you constantly and are always in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete