Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Nice Day Out

The weather has been amazing here in Utah and yesterday we finally enjoyed it. We carved out some time to enjoy being together as a family. For a moment I forgot about cancer. My kids were playing with their cousins and we were laughing at my brothers jokes. Mom was there with us, enjoying the sunshine and the conversation. Dad shared a silly story about lifes unexpected trials. We talked about movies, kids, housework and funny memories. The kids played baseball and football. I know that we have been blessed to have Troy, Camille and their 4 kids here with us. They will have to head back to Germany on Wednesday and we will all fall into a new normal. But for a few hours we left the storm behind and enjoyed life.
This painting reminds us that Jesus can calm the storms in our lives. That he has power over nature and over our bodies. None of this is a surprise to Him and even when He doesn't stop the storm He will carry us through it.
Tomorrow is my parents 41st wedding anniversary and the day my mom begins chemotherapy. 
Please be praying for her and my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment